Time for some changes // The Girly Geek is getting a makeover

07:13

It’s no secret that my blogging life has been a little rocky lately. Over the past few months, (maybe even the past year) I’ve struggled to find the motivation to continue to write wholly and solely about books. Don’t get me wrong, I adore them and they are a huge part of my life, but there is so much more to me than what I read. Yes, I’m a booklover through and through. It’s one of the biggest parts of me, but I feel like I have so much more to offer, and I think that it’s time I broadened my horizons. 

I created The Girly Geek knowing that one day it would blossom into something much bigger than books. I chose the name ‘The Girly Geek’ because I thought it encompassed everything I am, and everything I want to achieve. The combination of the two words is a constant reminder that I can be whatever, or whoever the fuck I wanna be. Yes, I’m girly. I have a soft spot for pink, and I love cosmetics and accessories. But I am also a geek at heart. My brain is bursting with thoughts of science fiction, comic books, political espionage, history, and film. There’s a common misconception that these two qualities can’t co-exist within a person, which is utterly absurd. I want to show the world what I have to offer. That you can be a total brainiac or boss, and a babe at the same time. 


One of the things I love most about blogging is it offers an opportunity for us to learn from one another. Your experiences teach me things about myself I might not have known otherwise. Your stories shape me. Your opinions open my mind.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images